||[Apr. 7th, 2003|03:15 pm]
LogJam 4.1.0 has been released.|
Visit the LogJam page to download it.
- Draft support-- save drafts of entries, edit them, and post them later.
- HTML preview of your post.
- Support a command for retrieving music, allowing LogJam to work with music systems other than XMMS. Also include a button that diagnoses why LogJam might be having trouble detecting your music (I get a lot of bug reports about this...).
- Checkfriends can check a subset of your friends list, using friend groups.
- "remote" support lets you run one LogJam and pop it up whenever you need it.
- Support for LiveJournal tags: <lj user="foo"> and <lj-cut>.
- UI improvements:
- Better GNOME Human Interface Guidelines compliance-- we're not a GNOME program, but it's good for consistency with other apps.
- Better keyboard navigation, including saving your custom accelerators and Esc/Return cancelling and OK'ing the relevant dialogs.
- Menu reorganization
- A lot of translation work, including some important bugfixes that were preventing translation for some. New Ukranian translation. See the translations page for details.
- Better Windows support. (This may not work right, yet.)
- Use Windows-configured browser for links.
- Windows-configured proxy settings and network code.
- Build using MinGW/MSYS so there's no Makefile hacking.
- And, as usual, a huge pile of bugfixes.
The configuration format has changed (hopefully for the last time) to support saving drafts. You'll need to enter your username/password again.
Thanks to everyone who helped out on this release!
2003-04-07 07:15 pm (UTC)
RPMs for Red Hat Linux 9 are built and posted.
2003-04-07 07:23 pm (UTC)
That was fast. :)
2003-04-07 09:18 pm (UTC)
Thank you. :) I'll be here all week.
Thank you! I was hoping those would go up quickly!!!
*hand you a cookie*
Not to bug you or anything:
Do you know if the RPMs will work on Redhat 7.2? It's been a year since I upgraded my kernel, and I'm not really looking forward to the task.
2003-04-09 03:22 pm (UTC)
Umm, the binary rpms definitely won't work on RHL 7.2. You should be able to download the src.rpms for gtkspell and logjam, then rpmbuild --rebuild them both (gtkspell first, install the binary rpm generated, then logjam).
I don't have any 7.2 boxes anymore, upgraded everything to 9 when I rebuilt my lan.
Ok. I'll definitely try the src rpms first, then: gtkspell, followed by logjam.
Out of curiosity, who maintains the Debian packages?
2003-04-08 01:03 am (UTC)
Debian packages have been uploaded, along with this patch
Also, I changed line 216 of livejournal-types.c to use %ud instead of %ld, as per the compile warning.
2003-04-08 11:36 am (UTC)
I appreciate your care, but I don't really want to support a patch I haven't reviewed.
I guess I'll point bug reporters at the Debian page. *shrug*
Debian bug reports should go into the debian bug tracking system anyway..
2003-04-10 06:19 pm (UTC)
When running log jam (and friend checking) I'm getting a bunch of processes saying:
5887 ? 00:00:00 logjam
My guess is a new process is created each time logjam checks my friends page, but I'm not sure.
2003-04-15 01:19 pm (UTC)
2¢: I liked it the other way.
For what it's worth, I preferred it when I could see, at a glance, whether the entry I was working on was set to be Public or not, what userpic it was using, make sure "preformatted" was checked, etc. Now I have to run through the menus to see all that.
2003-04-18 06:15 pm (UTC)
Re: 2¢: I liked it the other way.
Me too. The absence of those boxes in LogJam 4.1 is really getting to me, because I like messing with those settings and I don't want to go through the menus four or five times per post to do it.