Major changes from 3.x:
- Pretty significant rewrites of a lot of code. Much more stable (for me, at least!).
- Now depends on GTK2.
- Internationalized; currently we support US English, British English ("colour" :P), Russian, and Hebrew.
- (Microsoft) Windows support.
- A lot of new features, with particular thanks to gaal:
- Checkfriends support (flashing icon when your friends list changes).
- Poll creator.
- (What else? I haven't used 3.x in what feels like years.)
- You need autoconf 2.5x+ and automake >= 1.4. Both of these are more recent branches of these projects, but their use is pretty widespread.
- If at all possible, use the GTK2 provided by your distribution maker. GTK2 is a complicated beast and may be painful to install manually.
What I would like from you:
- Bug reports, problem reports installing, etc.
- New / updated translations.