|Version 4.6.2 of LogJam
||[Jun. 7th, 2011|10:02 pm]
|||||Nightwish - The Siren - The Siren (Album Version)||]|
This release includes the following features. The lj-like and lj-repost helpers are added to the Insert menu. The new Screening feature is located in the bottom box. The HTML menu were expanded by many useful tags and reordered. The release contains several bug fixes. The updated Russian translation among them.
The short log of patches (w/o irrelevant):
autofoo: reserve m4 folder to keep *.m4 macros
ui: add 'Screening' option to the main window
editor: extend html_mark_tag() function
editor: add much more HTML tags to the menu
core: set dirty mark for autosaved entry
po: insert update-potfiles.sh script
po: update POTFILES.in
ui: abstract tools_ljcut(), split it to two
ui: add lj-repost helper
ui: use default tip text in tools_lj_macro()
ui: add lj-like feature
ui: avoid another GTK warning
po: update *.po files
po: update Russian translation
liblivejournal: fix typos around 'moodid' property
ui: fix O(n^2) in access to linked-list
autofoo: bump version (v4.6.2)
Download URL: http://andy-shev.github.com/LogJam/download/logjam-4.6.2.tar.bz2
P.S. Please, file a corresponding bug in the Bug Tracking System of your distro.
Awesome! I'm using Ubuntu; when will this be updated in the repo?
Have no idea. Try to file the bug on Launchpad.
Speaking of which, I'm going to see if I can put together a Gentoo ebuild for logjam in my overlay.
Then, of course, I'll have to figure out how to publish my overlay...
For those who want to try it, a diff patch for my OPTIONAL
alternate top-level-menubar layout is located here
. This patch modifies only src/menu.c, and the only changes it makes are to re-order the menubar from more general at the left to increasingly specific as you go the right, which I find more intuitive for LogJam, and to add a Ctrl-I shortcut for Insert Image.
By the way .... what is lj-repost? I'm not familiar with it.Edited at 2011-06-08 04:23 pm (UTC)
I have updated this post with it.
Oh, wait ... is lj-report a FaceBook-like "report this in your own journal" feature?
LiveJournal seems to be doing a lot of trying to chase Facebook. I do not see this as a good thing for LiveJournal. LiveJournal will survive by focusing on being the best LiveJournal it can, not by trying to play catch-up with Facebook on Facebook's terms.
2011-08-28 08:47 pm (UTC)
Ubuntu Messaging Integration
Wow. I'm glad to see someone has picked up LogJam and run with it!
I'm no programmer, nor am I familiar enough with git to even use it, but I'd like to maybe contribute something. Ubuntu has begun adding new interfaces to social media functions. Is there any interest in LogJam hooking into these interfaces? For example, putting actions the Messaging Menu to create new posts.
If you're interested in including that functionality, I'll look into creating it in a way that hopefully Ubuntu will accept and submit it to you. If not, I'll probably create it anyway for myself, but quick and dirty.
2011-08-30 03:43 pm (UTC)
Re: Ubuntu Messaging Integration
Why not? As long as it is an optional feature it could be developed in LogJam.
I'm experiencing a problem posting to Dreamwidth. When I submit, I get the following popups in extremely rapid sequence, maybe half a second:
Submitting Entry - Requesting challenge
Submitting Entry - Running request
Error - Internal server error
This isn't much to go on. Can you tell me anything I can do to get more details out of LogJam as to what's going on, what's failing, and where? All I can think of is maybe to run Logjam in GDB. I'm assuming the failure is at the Dreamwidth end, but I'd like to be sure.
This response is a text representation of the HTTP 5xx family errors. In our case it could mean the request is badly formed and provokes such behaviour of a server.
Hmm. I could test that theory by submitting the same test post to Dreamwidth and to LiveJournal, I imagine.
...And that particular test post worked fine to both. I think I may have figured out a little more about the problem, though; I think the root both of this problem, AND of errors I've encountered in the past with being unable to retrieve and re-edit or delete a post on Dreamwidth, may be related to charset inconsistency issues.
Edited at 2011-09-14 11:28 am (UTC)
I just compiled this on Ubuntu 11.10. I get an error message of "Client error: No mode specified" when I try to do anything--i.e., make a post, load the most recent post, etc.